According to the annual Worldwide Survey of Fitness Trends for 2015, there are 20 fitness trends predicted to drive the market next year; this list includes the Top 5. The results of this annual survey help experts in the health and fitness industry to make informative investment decisions when utilizing gym software.
Results also help club owners to possibly incorporate and establish new trends into their clubs that may potentially increase club revenues. Remember, tracking new club trends incorporated into your health club is easy with gym software. When considering the results of this survey, it’s important to distinguish the difference between a trend and a fad. A trend is based on present behavior whereas a fad is an interest in something new for a very brief period of time.
Top 5 Predicted Fitness Trends for 2015
1. Body Weight Training: This trend made its first appearance in 2013 and is taking the lead as the top predicted trend for next year. Body weight training is a worldwide growing trend offering gym enthusiasts the option of working out using minimal gym equipment combined with exercises such as pull-ups, push-ups, and more.
2. High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT): HIIT training was in the top spot last year and has fallen to the number two spot this year. This type of training involves high-intensity workouts combined with brief periods of recovery and rest. The high-intensity portion of this type of workout is generally short and the entire routine takes about 30 minutes or less.
3. Increased Interest in Certification: With an increase in accreditation offers, this is a trend that continues to grow. Due to the increase in industry growth and an overcrowded fitness professional market, more-and-more fitness professionals are seeking accreditation from third-party accrediting agencies.
4. Strength Training: This type of training dropped to the top four spot last year and remains there this year. Strength Training is a workout that exclusively utilizes weight throughout the entire workout. It continues to be a strong trend and favorite amongst gym enthusiasts with many new younger clients.
5. Personal Training: With an increased interest in fitness professionals becoming certified, there continues to be an increased interest in personal training as well. Personal training has made the top 10 list of trends for nine consecutive years. Personal trainers are available through many fitness organizations and in many different settings with many being self-employed.
As fitness trends continue to come and go, ABC Financial gym software is here to stay and will continue to help your business grow and thrive year-after-year!